Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Henshaw | Final Project Idea

For my project, I have decided to rebrand Kodak. Unfortunately, Kodak declared bankruptcy in the past few years and no longer is in the business of selling cameras or more importantly, film. Since analog photography is a dying medium, I would like to bring this brand quite literally back from the dead. Although the growing popularity of fancy DSLRs has dominated the industry, many (maybe just myself) still enjoy film. For example, one could find a plethora of quirky and colorful analog cameras adorning at least one corner of every Urban Outfitters store. I feel that my hypothetical rebranding of Kodak film would appeal to those who find themselves looking for a bit of nostalgia in this digital world. 

The following are images of an underwhelming campaign that Kodak previously used, and alas, most likely foreshadowed their demise. The company tried to keep up with the changing industry and the shift towards digital media. Instead, they should have gone in the direction of a more boutique company that catered to those who admire the art of photography. 




With my campaign, I will focus on the style of the past advertisements to play on the nostalgia of film. In essence, I plan on reverting the brand to the past in order to make it relevant in the present.








No comments:

Post a Comment