Monday, March 18, 2013

Mikho_My Life in Advertising_ Final


This is a series of pieces that reflect my attempt to bring humor and perspective to the middle eastern war climate and its affect on my every day life.

The first two pieces present a symbol of a cloud with AK47s shooting out of them, this of course is iterating off of the weather icons one sees on the weather channel, website, or app; normally representing weather with a combination of cloud and sun or cloud and lightening.
The third piece aligns the icon into five, adapting from the extended forecast. This emphasizes the stagnant redundancy that is the war climate in these middle eastern countries and in turn the redundancy that fills our news broadcasting stations.

This is representative of my life because my parents watch the news every morning so very intensely. My father yells at the anchors who affirm to be telling us the truth and gives his opinion to the tv screen as I sit next to him munching on my toast and jam. My morning has begun with violence, irritation, and hopelessness. I'd rather wake up to a bright and lively home filled with laughter and warmth. So heres my attempt at that. 

-Mike Mikho

No comments:

Post a Comment