Monday, January 14, 2013

2nd reading assignment


Chapter seven talks about then many process and forms for creating advertisements. I read about how to create creative designs and the strategies that go into making advertisements.  The chapter explains the importance of categorizing advertisements and branding products. I learned that effective advertisement is about persuading viewers to do something. I thought it was interesting to learn about the drama advertisement approach. I think that that form of advertisement is one of the most persuasive ways to grab people’s attention and make them think.

This is an example of one of the points in the seventh chapter.  This is an advertisement for the Haribo gummy bear candy company. This advertisement is creative and original. It tells a story about the brand it represents and is in the drama format of advertisements.
 Chapter eight talks about the importance of typography and images in advertising and design. Before I read this chapter I did not know that type could be used as either display or text in design.  I thought it was interesting to learn that people tend to read darker colors of type first in design. I am going to keep in mind all of the type rules and pointers that were presented in this chapter as I work on my next project.  One of the main points that this chapter talks about is considering the idea, content and audience as you are picking a typeface and a image for an advertisement.  

The next chapter talked about composition and it’s importance in design. I think that composition is extremely important and that it can make or break a design. I leaned that you should focus on how you are talking to and what you want to say to them how you will do it when you are creating a design. I learned that one of the fundamentals in the advertising world is using the visual-verbal synergistic composition design style. Overall I learned a lot from the readings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment