Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Molly Spoof


For my first project, I decided to spoof Urban Outfitters…a brand we all know. UO tries to market young uniqueness and rebellion. From my spoofing standpoint, I have picked out a few items they sell and put a twist on the description. I’m trying to play up the ironic uniqueness in the products that they sell. Some examples are;

Wear your unique silver-studded heart on your sleeve...or your back, you sassy young thing, you. No one can tell you what to do, as evidenced by the two-tone sleeves, which clearly goes against SOMEONE's fashion sense. Geez louise, what a stiff, right? LOL. Let's get some froyo after you buy this hella cool jacket and talk about boys, particularly the ones that I'm trying to sell ironic trucker hats to. You kids are so independent these days!”




“Scare all the uptight noobs with your irreverent embrace of one dirty word. This candle smells great while also telling everyone how daring and interesting you are. No returns or exchanges. Coupon exempt. Now go light your candle of iniquity and watch an episode of Gossip Girl, you bad thing, you.



For the name change, I’m still deciding between a few. Ironic Outfitters, Urban Outliers, or “that’s so out-fitters” are some of my ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment