Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mallory Jeanmougin Spoof

For my first draft of the spoof ads, I am drawing them by hand, so I don't have images to upload to this blog.  My company is hostess, but rather than spoofing the company, I am poking fun at the way people are hoarding the products away.  People are acting as if Hostess going out of business is the beginning to the end of the world.  I found some old Hostess ads, and I want to recreate them.  My first approach was that I found images of 'mascot' type characters for the different products.  For example, the Twinkies mascot is a Twinkie dressed as a cowboy.  My first spread would be redrawing the mascots to be saving their own kind. 

My other idea is what I really want to pursue.  Hostess had a campaign of comic book ads using the popular superheros.  I want to redraw these ads.  In the ads, the superheros are fighting their usual villains, but when they come in contact, the characters say things like, "Go ahead, but at least let me finish my Hostess Twinkies first".  Rather than this idea, I want to have the superheros fighting off their villains so they can collect and keep safe the last remaining Hostess products.  I don't have any images to upload because I sketched by hand, but these are the two ideas I am working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment