Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ideas


For my spoof ads, I will be using Skinny Cow Fudge Bars. I’ve decided to change the name to “I’m a Cow.” I was initially thinking about showing extremely overweight men and women eating ice cream, but as we discussed in class, it may be considered unethical, so now I’m thinking of taking a different approach. Skinny Cow has a cow with a loose measuring tape around its waist; I might use an overweight cow with a measuring tape that doesn’t quite fit around its waist. I’m considering putting the prints ads in Vogue Magazine because fashion magazines tend to promote the idea that thin is beautiful. I would also put a print ad on the side of a building on Michigan Ave. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a billboard around that area. I’ve decided to put it in that area because there are a variety of fashion stores that also promote thin as a standard of beauty.

-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment