Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Henshaw | Spoof Ad Idea

For my campaign I have chosen to spoof the “Got Milk?” ads. The famous milk mustache has been worn by many famous celebrities and athletes to encourage people to drink milk everyday to build strong and healthy bones. I am not a fan of milk so naturally I had to poke a little fun at this wildly successful campaign. With my campaign, I will turn the tagline from “Got Milk?” to “Not Milk.” I will then pose my friends in very dramatic poses with mustaches made of everything but milk. I am planning on doing a series of at least five shots to begin and perhaps more if the inspiration strikes. So far I am thinking about using mustaches made of mud, noodles, vegetables, crayons, and a real mustache. I know that this is an extremely eclectic pairing of items, but I feel that the added layer of randomness will add to the humor that I am trying to convey with this ad. Since the original campaign appeared in several print publications, I would like to keep with this approach and place this ad in a magazine for young girls. The audience for the “Got Milk?” ads was predominantly young adults who were still growing their strong and healthy bones. With this in mind, I would market to the same demographic by running my ads in magazines such as Seventeen and Teen Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment