Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spoof Ad Idea


For my first project idea, I’m thinking of spoofing a company that I am very familiar with such as Anthropologie or Free People. Although I do love these stores, I realize how outrageous or ridiculous some of their clothing or accessories are. These companies really focus on the individuality of their customers and trendy, bohemian, style. For my ad I was thinking of making a few pages of a catalog since true ads are rarely seen in other magazines. I was thinking of having photographs of actual items or clothing they sell, but changing the description to an exaggerated and over dramatized version of it. On top of the catalog pages, I also would like to mimic their online website (or online ads) since those are the two places those companies advertise the most. I’m still not sure what I would change the name or tagline to, but that’s something I’m still working on. Hopefully these ads and descriptions give off a sense of humor and shed light on some of the ridiculous options these stores have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment