Tuesday, January 22, 2013

chapter 5


This chapter helped me a lot because it gave me a lot of tips, methods and new ways to think about how to advertise a product. In the reading I learned that a graphic designers or marketers can reach an advertising sweet spot by combining the consumer and bran insight.  In advertising a sweet spot is the most effective way to get a costumers attention. As a graphic designer we are supposed to find out what drives our audiences and keep that in mind as you are creating an advertisement.  Next time I try to create an advertisement I am going to try to create it in a way that show something from the users point of view because that will be helpful in creating a better product. I learned it’s important to think about causing a problem when you are trying to think of a way to advertise something.

I enjoyed and learned the most from reading about Wallis’s model.  This proses has
four major steps in this method. The first stage is the preparation stage, the second stage is the incubation period, the illumination and idea generation is the third step and last step is the verification step. 



The book talks and has examples of how to come up with new ideas. One technique that I learned about how to combine two related or unrelated objects or visuals together to form a unique whole new image in advertising.  Bellow I have found an advertisement that also follows the same type of technique used in advertising. This advertisement combines the idea of nature and deodorant to express the idea of freshness and nature. I think that this advertisement example that I posted is very creative and well done. Overall I learned a lot of tips and tricks from reading this chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment