Monday, January 14, 2013

reading assignment 1



As I read the first reading assignment I was able to get an in depth understanding of the advertising world. Before I read this chapter I had no idea about all of the different forms and type of advertising. I learned about how much creativity work and planning goes on in advertisings teams. The reading assignment helped me see advertising in new light. I used to think that advertising was just about getting people to buy a product but there is so much more to the advertising world.  I learned that advertising is a leader in popular culture and that advertising calls people to action.    
I thought I was interesting to learn about the fact that the public has an influence and sway over the way brands are seen. In chapter two I learned about the phases and work that goes into planning and putting together a project. This section helped give me a view of what it is like to work in the adverting and design industry. I am normally do not do much planning before I design things but I think it would be helpful to do more of it in future. I was able to see how closely related advertising and marketing are because they both require a lot of research about the client before they make a plan.
I really enjoyed reading the section about putting your ideas on paper and looking at how you achieved success in the past. I think it could be helpful to look at the past to  help you learn from the future.
Chapter three talks about the creative thinking process. It talks about the
 importance of thinking past the ordinary in a creative way.

This picture is a advertisement that Lego created that is an example of using creativity to think out of the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment